Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tour de Bloc Roc Gym 2009


Wow, it has been too long, between moving home and getting back to work things have been crazy!

While I was still in TO I decided last minute to drive to Quebec city for the 2009 Tour de Bloc at Roc Gym. I had no expectations since I had not climbed for a long time but I needed to try and get a few points or making the national team would be impossible for me, there just are not many comps left.

My strategy was to climb as little as possible in qualifiers and flash what I can max 3 tries in qualifiers and finals if I made it.

The problems were really great quality this year, Bob did a great job and you can tell he is turning the gym around there, in the past it has been plagued with issues during the comp but this year it was smooth.

Qualifiers went good I qualified 2nd behind Seb and fell only a few times which surprised me. What was of no surprise was the amount of power endurance I had lost. My power was good but only for one shot ahahhah.

Finals Went great I limited my attempts as planned and pulled out the win, sending 2 of 4 problems and coming close on the other 2.

Here is a pic of the sweet 45 degree at roc gym with the horrid paint job.

No comments: