Thursday, August 6, 2009

Injured!!!!

I Injured my index finger last night. I was so happy to get to the gym after a few days off in montreal. Well rested, I felt strong, the weight vest routine has been going great.

I don't know what happened,no crimps, no pain no idea. I dropped off the wall went to get a drink came back and couldn't feel my finger. In minutes it doubled in size around the base and stayed numb. No soreness though, none at all, not like a pulley injury.

I left, iced, ate Advil and went riding.

Today it is still a bit swollen, but the feeling is back and no major soreness, I have no idea what it is, but its not good. Not the ligament, seemingly not the tendon or pulley. I am wondering if I grabbed a hold so hard it squished the tendon onto the nerve or something? Can that happen?

I thought I had had all the finger tweaks one could get, but nope. I should stay of it, but if it was just something settling into place or has been crushed, climbing might be fine? I don't know. I have had wrist problems for weeks, where it felt out of joint and hurt, then one day a huge pain and things felt better within a day, like something was tight, unaligned and out of place. I had a funny pain in the finger for months and thought nothing of it. Its now gone, but swollen and a bit tingly.

I am going to ride like a fiend for a few days, before trying to go back at it. There is no worse climbing time, then the injury comeback, not knowing how hard to push or when, it destroys confidence. I still hate pockets after my young days and pulley injuries. Probably irrational, now that I am stronger?

No comments: