Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Rush

Ever feel like life is moving along to quickly? As you take more on, one task seems to run into another, everything seems rushed and you focus on getting each done in order and lose focus on the process. It is mental weakness I have noticed lately. I never have enough time for anything I do, especially training.

When I get to the gym, I am aware I need/want more time than I have and rather than focus on quality of what time I do have, I end up rushing through each routine trying to get my whole list done. I should focus more on the moment. This is my goal this week.

Great news, in the last week we have reset the gym with a new batch of Friction holds, big up to Luigi, the new urethane is awesome. It is so nice to have a new set of problems to work on. It has taken a lot, of the little time I have, to rest the routes but I think it will be worth it to have some fresh motivation.

I find it is hard lately to set real long term projects in the gym. Usually I underestimate myself and end up setting the routes way to easy. It is difficult to set something hard and to your weakness. It helps to have someone else set hard routes too. With Ben in Europe its a lonely game lately. I think tonight though I finally have at least one route which is skin and joint friendly enough to work for a long while. I could not do one move on it tonight, I was super happy. I think it will take a few weeks at least! Time will tell.

This weekend I will be teaching some outdoor climbing courses and hopefully getting on ODIN finally!

No comments: