Monday, November 9, 2009

Edmonton......again

Edmonton certainly is not my favorite place. It seems I have been away and off climbing for forever. Despite the lack of any sleep due to a course I have been on and traveling here, I forced a gym session tonight, which was fun. Unfortunatly though my skin completely sluffed off. The break must have weakened it badly. I hate it when this happens, it takes so long not be be wet again.

Vertically Inclined is a cool gym, more route focused than bouldering, but its nice to climb routes I did not set for once. They were all pretty easy which was disappointing. I sent the hardest comp route there in about 10 minutes. I am going to head to the other gym here in Edmonton on U of A campus, I hear that is where the tough stuff is. I am looking forward to it I have not been there since Nationals a few years ago. Hopefully I can hook up with some of the guys from around here to show me around.

I just heard there is a tour be bloc in Calgary this weekend. I might actually be able to go. I will have to see how the week goes work wise, its looking hectic. I am not sure even if I can go if I will. I was really looking forward to checking out the Rockies rather tan another indoor gym. We will see I guess, if the weather looks bad I might as well go and get the motivation back for comps!

7 comments:

miles said...

i set 30 with the guy who i said you could borrow his harness at u of a. he's gabe

miles said...

go to the calgary tour de bloc i want to compete against you

John Bowles said...

30 was a nice route, i told myself i would not compete until after christmas but I think i will go anyway to have some fun!

miles said...

great!

Adam Ondra said...

Yeah you should go to the tour de bloc in calgary so miles and I can CRUSH you.

miles said...

oh be nice gabe.. i think

Anonymous said...

Mesmerized article written on this blog with other relevant information. It is straight to the point that how we can improve our skills as well as how we can be represented to a new stream of professionalism. Health Clubs in Mathikere