Friday, April 2, 2010

Kingston Lake Road

I visited a newly bolted crag in Kingston today. I checked out this area for potential in 1998ish, right when I first started climbing and lived in the area. At that time I found a single red rap sling indicating someone else had the same idea, although I am not sure who. At the time I dismissed the area cause it was dirty and a lot of work and needed bolts, which at the time was not in my vocabulary.

The area has since been developed as a sport crag with a ton of work! There are quite a few lines up to almost 100ft. I was quite impressed with the cliff but especially the effort to create it.

It is a super convenient area easy approach and great for new climbers. I think the climbing looks ugly but climbs quite well and there is potential with some work for a few harder climbs. We will see what time brings.

The guide is HERE

No comments: