Thursday, January 1, 2009

Waiting

Dad got out of the hospital today and I am finally somewhat relaxed! I am so happy it is unbelieveable, exhausted and sick, but never so happy. It will be a hard month for recovery, but at least he is out of that god forsaken place, where illness, pain and suffering is everywhere. Now we can just start building him up again slowly and surely.

I still have an infection and can't shake it, it has been 15 days, the longest I can remember being sick, ever. I have not climbed since the NACC, almost a month ago now. This is the longest break, forced or otherwise, I have taken since starting to compete seriously 5 years ago. I have gone from the best shape of my life to feeling weak and sick. I feel mentally and physically broken and the stress is not over. I expect to have to stay here in Toronto for another month.

Hopefully, in the next few days I will be able to get to a gym and see what I have left. I am so excited to pull on plastic, it seems crazy, but the break has left me so motivated and feeling helpless unable to train at all. My comp season and the National Team might well be in jeopardy for the first time since I started climbing. I am not sure, even if I get back in shape quickly, if there is time for me to get to enough comps to make the team. I will do what I can I guess.

For now I am thankful and content.

No comments: